Thinking of Coaching as a way of Self-Development?
What to Expect
What is Coaching?
- Coaching is based on a series of regular one-to-one sessions when you will meet with your coach to discuss in confidence your goals and agree on your action plan
- It is about maximising your potential and the coach’s job is to help you to clarify your goals, objectives, aspirations and dreams and to work closely with you to implement your own effective solutions
- Your job is to be truthful, honest and open to change where applicable
- Simply put, coaching focuses on future possibilities and not past mistakes
Who is coaching for?
Coaching is typically for business executives or leaders who are looking to push their career forward to achieve better results. However, coaching can be for anything who is willing to invest in themselves to achieve great results, each coaching session is tailored around you, and how you can develop into the best version of yourself.
How long are the sessions?
- Sessions are usually 1 to 2 hours long and take place usually 4 weeks apart so that you can practice what you have learnt and implement your actions
- Usually, sessions are completed within 6 to 9 months and can be extended beyond where necessary
Where does it take place?
Personal coaching can take place where is most comfortable for you, it can be your office, or somewhere less casual like a coffee shop, no matter where it is being held, we will always make you feel at home. You can have a coach and a fulltime job, our coaches would work around you, since it is vital that coaching becomes integrated into your everyday lifestyle.
What do the sessions focus on?
- Your leadership style
- Your communication style
- Enhancing your strengths
- Addressing areas in your development plan
- Your career goals
- Your work/life balance
Working with your Coach
Below are more specific examples of some of the outcomes you might expect:
- Developing key management, leadership or communication skills
- Brainstorming and testing ideas in a safe and agenda-free environment
- Practising new techniques eg giving difficult feedback, delegating to others effectively or giving powerful presentations
- Getting a deeper insight into the hearts and minds of those you need to lead and influence
- Mastering how to manage the differences and difficulties that exist between people (healthy conflict resolution)
- Developing greater intuition and sensing secondary agendas and the psychology at play in relationships and teams
- Understanding your own helpful and limiting beliefs, assumptions and performance drivers
- Assessment of your personal values and competencies
- Map and prioritise the complex personal and professional relationship that you have to nurture or manage
How do you know if you need a coach?
If you are at a stage of your career where you need that extra boost to get over the next hurdle, we are the bridge that will allow you to become the best you, possible. Business coaching will allow you to develop your existing skill and to learn new ones that will transpire into growth in your position. Coaching is for someone who wants to be the best version of themselves, allowing them to achieve exceptional business goals.
We would love to talk more about how People Business coaches can help you.