Main Purpose of Job
On an ad-hoc basis and as client workload requires it, you will support on the PB team with client work across the HR side of the business.
Working in partnership with the PB team as an Associate Consultant, you will support Directors and Senior Managers from a variety of different industries to plan, develop and deliver HR initiatives and particular projects. The work could cover all areas HR including: recruitment and selection; performance; reward; employee relations; employment legislation; employee engagement; and learning and development.
- On a project basis, supporting HR clients remotely and at times on site.
- Co-ordinating client projects, providing management information to ensure that key objectives are achieved to our clients’ satisfaction.
- Assisting with complex employee relations cases such as disciplinaries, grievances and redundancy programmes.
Knowledge, skills and experience required:
Competencies & Skills
- Ability to manage large consulting projects, managing internal and external stakeholders for successful outcomes while paying strict attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to provide practical, solution-driven initiatives that are perceived as quickly adding value to the business.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to provide appropriate advice, guidance and support to managers, staff and employee representatives.
- Self-managing and self-motivated.
- A highly effective communicator with the ability to clearly and concisely articulate ideas both verbally and in writing.
- The ability to identify and limit employment law risk to an organisation.
Qualifications, Training and Experience
- Proven experience in a Consultant role and experience of operating at a Senior HR / HRD level.
- MCIPD-qualified or equivalent qualification.
- Good depth of experience in more than one HR discipline.
- Extensive and up to date employment law knowledge.
- IT literate with MS Office, the Internet and social media.
- Experience of working with a range of clients across the Private and Not for Profit sectors.
- This role will require flexibility in that the work will be sporadic, ad-hoc and often with short time frames to deliver.
- It will involve spending time in the PB office in Ottershaw, Surrey and potentially travel to London and other sites where our clients are based.