Get in touch
If you would like to know more about People Business and what we might do for you, call us on 01932 874944, or alternatively, please use our enquiry form.
71 Brox Road
Telephone: 01932 874944
We are always looking for great people to be part of our team. We are known for being pragmatic, clear, direct, knowledgeable but most of all human. We know how important it is to our clients to have the confidence that the consultant carrying out their work has significant expertise in the required areas and is a credible partner who can offer real insights into strategy and planning – as well as execution. If you are interested in joining us, please send us your cv with a covering letter to email@example.com.
To apply for any of our roles, please email your covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Part time Marketing Coordinator – 2 days a week
We need someone who is brilliant at marketing a business, raising its profile and brand awareness. There’s a strong focus on engagement with target audiences online and generating sales leads through modern SEO methods. Using WordPress you will be responsible for creation and maintenance of webpages to improve business online presence. Together with the creation of unique landing pages, PPC campaigns will be monitored and budgeted per quarter for analytics and ROI. The role is a standalone role (there is no other member of marketing), which gives you the autonomy to direct the marketing activity. You will also develop website content which keeps us high in natural search ranking in our core keywords to give us a competitive edge.
- Generating online conversions through all marketing channels
- Focusing a PR and external communication strategy on online channels (Mailchimp, WordPress)
- Devising customer focused, multi-channel campaigns to raise brand awareness
- Following an SEO strategy, working with partner organisation and internal consultants to increase our monthly impressions/views
- Identifying appropriate advertising and editorial opportunities
- Content marketing, overseeing website development to increase online search engine rankings
- Managing a newsletter calendar – liaising with team members for content, turning into infographics (when relevant), publishing
- Managing SEO budget (PPC)
- Assessing marketing results/analysing data and writing reports on how to improve our online presence
The successful applicant will:
- Have exceptional copywriting and editing skills, including the ability to adapt style, tone, and voice
- Have an in-depth knowledge of modern SEO practises (Back linking, Keywords, PPC, Link building etc.)
- Have detailed knowledge of WordPress to maintain and create online content
- Have native-level English language skills
- Be creative and innovative – excited to try new ways to improve online presence
- Be experienced using MS Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite
- Possess excellent attention to detail, be methodical, organised and a task ‘starter/finisher’
- Be able to follow existing marketing strategies/instructions but also be a problem solver, using own initiative to excel
- Understand, present and learn from analytical data to inform the direction of ongoing strategies
- Be able to work with internal and external stakeholders e.g. team members and external design agencies
- Some design experience would be a plus to create marketing materials for internal/external use
Please send a copy of your CV, along with a cover letter addressing the following 3 questions to email@example.com:
- Why do you want this job in particular?
- Why do you think you’ll be successful in this job?
- Describe your dream job.
We’re looking for a highly experienced, commercially minded individual specifically seeking a part-time role to join the People Business team. You’ll be supporting our existing (remote) finance director and working closely with the office manager whilst also managing your own workload, adding value and being proactive in making improvements as we continue to grow, becoming an integral member of our small yet committed support team.
For this hands-on and varied part-time (approximately 15 hours per week) role, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Balancing accounts / account reconciliations / investigation of variances
- Processing monthly journals such as prepayments, and month-end procedures and reports
- Posting sales and purchase invoices and their associated payments, expense claims and credit notes
- Suuporting the month-end billing process, working closely with the office manager to extrapolate timesheet data from Harvest, billable expenses, liaise with the relevant account managers; create and issue invoices by monthly deadline
- Track internal expenses
- Monitoring the debtors and creditors list, chasing unpaid accounts, managing supplier payments, providing weekly debtor and creditor reports
- Support the cash flow processes along with budgeting and forecasting
- Our ‘accounts@’ email address – electronic supplier and client invoice process, responding to supplier and client queries
- Planning and completing a diverse range of assignments to include providing ad-hoc financial analysis as required, and leading financial projects to improve accounting processes for the business while managing financial administration
- General Administrative assistance as part of the internal support team, client contracts, Harvest administration, occasional holiday cover for Office Manager (mainly finance based duties; office supplies orders)
- Ideally be AAT qualified, although candidates who are qualified by experience will also be considered
- Have at least 5 years’ experience, particularly across the areas noted in responsibilities
- Be confident and experienced working with Sage 50 (essential) and Sage 50 Payroll (advantage but not essential) and Harvest Timesheet System (advantage but not essential)
- Have strong working knowledge of MS Office, especially Excel (essential)
- Have an analytical and detailed working approach, organised and methodical able to prioritise to meet deadlines
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, which are essential as a key part of this role will involve dealing with client accounts teams and the PB Financial Director who is mostly remote; and the ability to build internal and external relationships
Finally, as we are such a small team, we all muck in when needed, so the successful candidate will be flexible and open to taking on new responsibilities (within and outside of the finance team).
How to Apply
Send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your CV
- Cover letter:
- Tell us a little about the role that you currently do.
- What attracts you to this particular role at People Business given that it is part-time?
- What can you bring to the role and People Business?
Main Purpose of Job
On an ad-hoc basis and as client workload requires it, you will support on the PB team with client work across the HR side of the business.
Working in partnership with the PB team as an Associate Consultant, you will support Directors and Senior Managers from a variety of different industries to plan, develop and deliver HR initiatives and particular projects. The work could cover all areas HR including: recruitment and selection; performance; reward; employee relations; employment legislation; employee engagement; and learning and development.
- On a project basis, supporting HR clients remotely and at times on site.
- Co-ordinating client projects, providing management information to ensure that key objectives are achieved to our clients’ satisfaction.
- Assisting with complex employee relations cases such as disciplinaries, grievances and redundancy programmes.
Knowledge, skills and experience required
Competencies & Skills
- Ability to manage large consulting projects, managing internal and external stakeholders for successful outcomes while paying strict attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to provide practical, solution-driven initiatives that are perceived as quickly adding value to the business.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to provide appropriate advice, guidance and support to managers, staff and employee representatives.
- Self-managing and self-motivated.
- A highly effective communicator with the ability to clearly and concisely articulate ideas both verbally and in writing.
- The ability to identify and limit employment law risk to an organisation.
Qualifications, Training and Experience
- Proven experience in a Consultant role and experience of operating at a Senior HR / HRD level.
- MCIPD-qualified or equivalent qualification.
- Good depth of experience in more than one HR discipline.
- Extensive and up to date employment law knowledge.
- IT literate with MS Office, the Internet and social media.
- Experience of working with a range of clients across the Private and Not for Profit sectors.
- This role will require flexibility in that the work will be sporadic, ad-hoc and often with short time frames to deliver.
- It will involve spending time in the PB office in Ottershaw, Surrey and potentially travel to London and other sites where our clients are based.
Absolutely amazing service from start to finish. As we’re only a small company I didn’t think anyone would be interested in supporting us but the professional approach from People Business has shown me that it is possible to grow without fear of huge costs