Get in touch
If you would like to know more about People Business and what we might do for you, call us on 01932 874944, or alternatively, please use our enquiry form.
71 Brox Road
Telephone: 01932 874944
We are always looking for great people to be part of our team. We are known for being pragmatic, clear, direct, knowledgeable but most of all human. We know how important it is to our clients to have the confidence that the consultant carrying out their work has significant expertise in the required areas and is a credible partner who can offer real insights into strategy and planning – as well as execution. If you are interested in joining us, please send us your cv with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for any of our roles, please email your covering letter and CV to email@example.com
Main Purpose of Job
On an ad-hoc basis and as client workload requires it, you will support on the PB team with client work across the HR side of the business.
Working in partnership with the PB team as an Associate Consultant, you will support Directors and Senior Managers from a variety of different industries to plan, develop and deliver HR initiatives and particular projects. The work could cover all areas HR including: recruitment and selection; performance; reward; employee relations; employment legislation; employee engagement; and learning and development.
- On a project basis, supporting HR clients remotely and at times on site.
- Co-ordinating client projects, providing management information to ensure that key objectives are achieved to our clients’ satisfaction.
- Assisting with complex employee relations cases such as disciplinaries, grievances and redundancy programmes.
Knowledge, skills and experience required
Competencies & Skills
- Ability to manage large consulting projects, managing internal and external stakeholders for successful outcomes while paying strict attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to provide practical, solution-driven initiatives that are perceived as quickly adding value to the business.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to provide appropriate advice, guidance and support to managers, staff and employee representatives.
- Self-managing and self-motivated.
- A highly effective communicator with the ability to clearly and concisely articulate ideas both verbally and in writing.
- The ability to identify and limit employment law risk to an organisation.
Qualifications, Training and Experience
- Proven experience in a Consultant role and experience of operating at a Senior HR / HRD level.
- MCIPD-qualified or equivalent qualification.
- Good depth of experience in more than one HR discipline.
- Extensive and up to date employment law knowledge.
- IT literate with MS Office, the Internet and social media.
- Experience of working with a range of clients across the Private and Not for Profit sectors.
- This role will require flexibility in that the work will be sporadic, ad-hoc and often with short time frames to deliver.
- It will involve spending time in the PB office in Ottershaw, Surrey and potentially travel to London and other sites where our clients are based.
Main Purpose of Job
The role has 3 areas of focus. You will be responsible for:
- Leading, account managing and supporting client work across the full spectrum of the business. Designing and delivering impactful training and L&D events leading and working on strategic, organisational development and change projects customised to the business needs of a broad range of clients from a variety of sectors. Coaching Senior Managers in a variety of areas: E.g. Transitioning to leading a team, changing culture, business transformation, developing influencing and interpersonal skills, developing presence/impact/confidence, changing the perception others have about them – profile / imageAccount Management and delivery of HR client work, helping to develop new business as well as growing existing client relationships across the People Business areas of expertise, in partnership with the wider PB team.
- Managing the HR team (currently 2 part time staff. One an associate and the other a part time member of staff job sharing the equivalent of one FTE position. Managing the office manager and providing day to day supervision and support for any consulting trainees and office staff. Providing internal HR support to the wider business
- As part of the senior team, leading and supporting on business development, pitching, proposal writing across the business and supporting others to do so.
Reporting to the Managing Director you will work as a Senior Consultant assisting CEOs, Directors and Senior Managers from a variety of different industries to plan, develop, support and deliver customised HR and talent services to meet their business needs. These will be across all HR disciplines including: recruitment and selection; reward; employee relations; employment legislation; employee engagement; talent management and learning and development. We expect that great candidates will have experience across several of these areas but not all.
Who we are
The sole purpose of People Business is to help people and organisations to improve their performance. Our specialist HR Consultancy services stretch across the full spectrum of HR and talent activities.
We are focused on high quality results and work with clients to ensure that what we do really makes a tangible difference to their organisation. We believe in working in a way which enables our clients; we always seek to share skills, knowledge and expertise.
- Lead the design and delivery of sophisticated organization wide HR/Talent interventions, managing complex stakeholder relationships and external providers efficiently and effectively to time and budget meeting, and exceeding client expectations.
- Develop business proposals for HR and Talent work opportunities and tenders
- Support HR clients remotely and at times in person
- Develop and maintain a trusted advisor relationship with key client stakeholders and executive sponsors
- Lead or co-ordinate client projects, including planning, co-ordinating, monitoring, resourcing and providing management information on client projects to ensure that the key objectives are achieved to our clients’ satisfaction
- Carry out client training needs analysis and design engaging learning materials, internal talent assessments and development plans that address the clients’ needs
- Facilitate executive and management coaching, workshops and team sessions
- Scope, design and deliver learning events with leaders in SME and large organisations.
- Focus on growing and developing existing clients, together with generating new business, using existing industry contacts, networking, marketing and pitching
- Maintain our internal systems and procedures
- Lead and support on internal project work related to continuous improvement activities, client relationship management and developing the PB business portfolio
- Lead, train, and develop other members of the PB team
Knowledge, skills and experience required
- Ability to secure, design and manage large consulting projects, managing internal and external stakeholders for successful outcomes
- Pro-active networking skills, with relevant market insight and industry knowledge
- Strong proposal writing skills, able to assess, and define scope of work and negotiate on commercial issues
- Well versed in the application of modern learning theories, tools and techniques
- Excellent interpersonal and rapport building skills to provide appropriate advice, guidance and support to managers, staff and employee representatives
- Comfortable building relationships and partnering with senior managers and key stakeholders. Capacity to challenge clients in an appropriate context
- Comfortable making own decisions in an autonomous environment
- A highly effective communicator with the ability to clearly and concisely articulate ideas both verbally and written
- Strong planning, organisational and time management skills
- Happy working in a team orientated environment in which you may be required to ‘muck in’
- Innovative at trying to meet client needs
- Meticulous and takes pride in producing work of a high standard
- Interest in personal development both for yourself and the team as a whole
- Ability to coach and mentor clients and colleagues
- Personal gravitas and the ability to present, facilitate and deliver L&D workshops and training
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time while paying strict attention to detail
Qualifications, training and experience
- At least 5 years’ experience operating at a senior HR level
- Good depth of experience in more than one HR discipline
- Proven client or account management
- Team leadership/Line Management experience
- A level B qualification and experience of using a range of psychometric tools (preferred)
- Experience of working as a consultant (internally or externally) and confident with the Consultancy Cycle as a way of working
- CIPD qualified or equivalent qualification
- Able to adapt your approach depending on the client and be influential in their decision process
- Demonstrated ability to provide practical, solution-driven initiatives that are perceived as quickly adding value to the business
- Proven track record working with senior managers and key stakeholders. Strong relationship building and networking skills and ability to deal with people at a senior level
- Confident facilitator; designing and running L&D and training workshops across all levels
- Experience of leading and managing projects for a successful client outcome
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organisation, including executive level
- Self-managing and self-motivated. Skills in planning, organisation, problem solving and analysis. Good attention to detail
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to coach and mentor clients and internal colleagues
- A “can do” attitude
- Team player
- IT literate with MS Office, the Internet and social media
- Experience of working with a range of clients across the Private and Not for Profit sectors
- Evidence of continuous professional development
- Experienced in creating and following up business opportunities
- A keen interest in keeping up to date with current affairs
- This role will involve spending time in the PB office in Ottershaw, regular travel to central London where many of our clients are based, and across the UK dependent upon client location.
- Some International/ European, travel may also be required occasionally.
- There is also the requirement to work flexibly in order to respond to clients’ needs.
There is the opportunity to grow and develop as part of our team and certainly scope to work across our business. We are also willing to talk to people who may not ‘tick all of the boxes’ but who have the potential to grow into the role with support.
Absolutely amazing service from start to finish. As we’re only a small company I didn’t think anyone would be interested in supporting us but the professional approach from People Business has shown me that it is possible to grow without fear of huge costs