Finance and Operations Manager
A challenging and exciting new full-time role in our growing consultancy business in Surrey.
We currently have an opportunity for an experienced Finance and Operations Manager to join our team at People Business in Ottershaw, Surrey.
The sole purpose of People Business is to help people and organisations to improve their performance. Our specialist Consultancy services stretch across the full spectrum of HR and talent activities and the Finance and Operations Manager is a key support role enabling our consultants to focus on delivering for our clients.
Reporting to the Finance Director (and to the MD for some consulting support responsibilities) the post holder will play a significant role in developing finance and operational excellence in the business.
With an office assistant and a bookkeeper, ensure the smooth and efficient running of the finance processes in the business, budgeting, planning, reporting, payroll, cost controls and with a main focus on the invoicing and cash collection processes and run the office and systems needed to support the business.
- Leading the invoicing process monthly ensuring that this is completed within target times. This will mean working closely with consultants to ensure that invoices received are accurate and get to the right client contact in a timely fashion.
- Leading a project to improve the invoice process to simplify the process, reduce the time it takes and reviewing the effectiveness of our time recording and invoicing platforms
- Working to ensure that we comply with the requirements of client procurement systems, ensuring that we have the appropriate PO’s and are using their software platforms to ensure effective coordination between People Business and Client systems
- Ensuring that the business has accurate reporting on performance at the company, team and individual level.
- Onboarding new clients so that all work is properly contracted, and we understand their systems and procedures and can work with them to ensure payment processes are efficient
- Ensuring effective cost-effective management, running the internal procurement process.
- Supporting the FD with VAT, Tax, Payroll and other statutory requirements and Pension Scheme administration
- Supporting the FD with credit control
- Supporting the bookkeeper with managing the expenses process
- Coordinating the forecasting process with consultants to ensure that there is an accurate view of short- and longer-term revenues
- Supporting consultants with analytical insight on profitability of client projects
- Working to support consultants to deliver for clients
- Training on systems and processes and support to colleagues
- Managing the HR systems including building annual leave profiles
- Supporting hiring with offer letters and contracts and onboarding new starters with finance and operational processes
- Working with the IT supplier to ensure the right level of support to the business
- Holding the asset register and working with the FD to ensure timely replacement and upgrade of IT equipment
- Working with the Finance Director to procure products and services for the business. E.g., mobile phones, telephone, broadband, IT services
- Lead the business GDPR processes to ensure compliance
- Manage the insurance renewals processes to ensure appropriate cover
- Managing situations that would affect consultants’ ability to function effectively. Working with FD, suppliers and the team. E.g., broadband outage, laptop loss etc
- Structured and organised with a strong ability to prioritise
- Excellent Communication skills (Oral and Written)
- Influencing and collaboration skills to work with colleagues in consulting and support
- Results focussed – driven to achieve
- MS Office; including Outlook, Access, Word & Excel
- Knowledge of VAT, tax, payroll, time sheet systems
- At least 3 years in Financial & Operations Management
- Budget development and oversight
- 3 plus years in bookkeeping
25 days Holiday