Get in touch
If you would like to know more about People Business and what we might do for you, call us on 01932 874944, or alternatively, please use our enquiry form.
71 Brox Road
Telephone: 01932 874944
We are always looking for great people to be part of our team. We are known for being pragmatic, clear, direct, knowledgeable but most of all human. We know how important it is to our clients to have the confidence that the consultant carrying out their work has significant expertise in the required areas and is a credible partner who can offer real insights into strategy and planning – as well as execution. If you are interested in joining us, please send us your cv with a covering letter to email@example.com.
To apply for any of our roles, please email your covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Main Purpose of Job
Do you want to join a friendly and supportive team whilst developing a career in HR and people development? People Business are looking for a new member of the team who will be responsible for supporting the business’ consultants, particularly the MD and other senior consultants. This side of the team’s speciality is in strategic HR projects and L&D, so we are looking for someone who is organised, able to think creatively and has really strong digital skills (MS Office, able to pick up new software and tech quickly e.g. e-learning). You don’t need to have any HR or training experience, but we are definitely looking for someone who is committed to developing an L&D specialist career. You may have previously worked as an HR or L&D advisor, assistant or coordinator, or you may have just finished a people-related degree. You may not even have worked in an HR role yet, but if you know that L&D is for you, then we want to hear from you.
Supporting the team of consultants at People Business will mean taking on a variety of different tasks, as well as developing your knowledge and honing your skills. Some days, you might be asked to research new training content or HR topics, other days, you might be analysing data. In terms of L&D, we’re really looking for someone who will be able to help with designing training, and over time, start delivering courses for some of our clients. But don’t worry if you don’t have any experience of L&D, to start with, all we need is enthusiasm for learning how it’s done and confidence to give it a try!
No week is the same in our small consultancy, and you’ll often be balancing your time across different projects, big and small. In the past, our junior consultant(s) have worked on executive team building events, modular management development programmes, soft skills training (e.g. communication skills, time management), writing blog articles on HR topics and for clients’ recruitment blods, analysing gender pay gap data and diversity data, designing e-learning, and designing and supporting large cultural change programmes.
Key Skills Required
- Ability to design visually appealing printed materials (in Word and PowerPoint) to a high degree of accuracy (i.e. no mistakes, no typos, high quality written language)
- Ability to critically analyse data e.g. calculate key statistics (mean, median), interpret data, provide recommendations
- Ability to research thoroughly and quickly on emerging theories, and other HR concepts and topics. Summarise appropriately and present key information to senior individuals
- Ability to understand new and complex information quickly and effectively
- Ability to learn new software quickly
- Develop knowledge of HR systems
- Develop knowledge of psychometric tests
- Work with other consultants to sell our services e.g. answering sales calls, attending pitching meetings, preparing pitch materials
- You must be proactive and self-motivated, able to use your own initiative as well as work as part of a team
- You must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, which are essential when dealing directly with clients in person or on the phone
- Strong organisational skills – able to manage multiple (and sometimes competing) priorities at once, work to (often short) deadlines
- Strong written English
- Professional attitude
- Able to effectively build relationships with colleagues in order to support them and learn from them
Please apply here: https://www.indeed.co.uk/viewjob?t=junior+hr+consultant&jk=dc922cc0c33108cc&_ga=2.64505196.2100454637.1551695771-724195099.1546438877
Salary: £18,000.00 to £25,000.00 /year
Main Purpose of Job
On an ad-hoc basis and as client workload requires it, you will support on the PB team with client work across the HR side of the business.
Working in partnership with the PB team as an Associate Consultant, you will support Directors and Senior Managers from a variety of different industries to plan, develop and deliver HR initiatives and particular projects. The work could cover all areas HR including: recruitment and selection; performance; reward; employee relations; employment legislation; employee engagement; and learning and development.
- On a project basis, supporting HR clients remotely and at times on site.
- Co-ordinating client projects, providing management information to ensure that key objectives are achieved to our clients’ satisfaction.
- Assisting with complex employee relations cases such as disciplinaries, grievances and redundancy programmes.
Knowledge, skills and experience required
Competencies & Skills
- Ability to manage large consulting projects, managing internal and external stakeholders for successful outcomes while paying strict attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to provide practical, solution-driven initiatives that are perceived as quickly adding value to the business.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to provide appropriate advice, guidance and support to managers, staff and employee representatives.
- Self-managing and self-motivated.
- A highly effective communicator with the ability to clearly and concisely articulate ideas both verbally and in writing.
- The ability to identify and limit employment law risk to an organisation.
Qualifications, Training and Experience
- Proven experience in a Consultant role and experience of operating at a Senior HR / HRD level.
- MCIPD-qualified or equivalent qualification.
- Good depth of experience in more than one HR discipline.
- Extensive and up to date employment law knowledge.
- IT literate with MS Office, the Internet and social media.
- Experience of working with a range of clients across the Private and Not for Profit sectors.
- This role will require flexibility in that the work will be sporadic, ad-hoc and often with short time frames to deliver.
- It will involve spending time in the PB office in Ottershaw, Surrey and potentially travel to London and other sites where our clients are based.
Absolutely amazing service from start to finish. As we’re only a small company I didn’t think anyone would be interested in supporting us but the professional approach from People Business has shown me that it is possible to grow without fear of huge costs