Get in touch
If you would like to know more about People Business and what we might do for you, call us on 01932 874944, or alternatively, please use our enquiry form.
71 Brox Road
Telephone: 01932 874944
Join us. We are always looking for great people to be part of our team. We are known for being pragmatic, clear, direct, knowledgeable but most of all human. We know how important it is to our clients to have the confidence that the consultant carrying out their work has significant expertise in the required areas and is a credible partner who can offer real insights into strategy and planning – as well as execution. If you are interested in joining us, please send us a your cv with a covering letter to the address below.
71 Brox Road
Marketing and HR Graduate
We are a small HR and development consultancy of about 10 people, split between the HR team, the OD (organisational development – talent/L&D, strategic change) team and support team, based in Ottershaw, Surrey. However, we are also definitely one big friendly People Business team! Typically, we help businesses by delivering HR support (such as recruitment or performance management), coaching, training, and larger organisational change or development projects (such as creating a learning organisation).
The main aim of this role is to enhance the way that we market our business, requiring a major focus on raising the profile and brand awareness of PB, building strong engagement with our target audience online and generating sales leads. This role is a standalone role (there is no other member of marketing) and so you will have the autonomy to direct the marketing activity, with input, support and guidance from other members of the team. You will also have the opportunity to self-direct your own learning to further develop your marketing skills.
This role would be ideal for someone starting looking to start a career in marketing (either following a degree, with some entry-level marketing experience, or looking to change career).
- Developing a PR and external communication strategy, focussing mainly on online channels
- Devising customer focussed, multi-channel campaigns to raise brand awareness
- Devising SEO strategy, working with partner organisation and internal consultants
- Identifying appropriate advertising and editorial opportunities
- Copywriting of sales and marketing materials, case studies, blogs, devising email strategy and other online campaigns
- Content marketing, overseeing the entire process from strategy to development to production
- Managing the HR newsletter calendar – liaising with team members for content, turning into infographics (when relevant), publishing
- Managing external digital agency and budget
- Leading internal communication, employee and stakeholder relations
- Creating and maintaining a database of contacts and leads
- Assessing marketing results/analysing data and writing reports
The successful applicant will:
- Have exceptional copywriting and editing skills, as well as the ability to adopt the style, tone, and voice of the various types of our business content
- Have native-level English language skills
- Be creative and innovative
- Be experienced using MS Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite and blogging
- Be able to work with a consistently high level of attention to detail, be methodical and someone who is an organised ‘starter/finisher’ when it comes to tasks
- Be able to follow instructions but also be a problem solver, able to use your own initiative
- Be able to work with internal and external stakeholders e.g. team members and external design agencies
- Some marketing or other experience in professional, services environment would be a plus
Please send a copy of your CV, along with a cover letter addressing the following 3 questions to email@example.com:
- Why do you want this job in particular?
- Why do you think you’ll be successful in this job?
- Describe your dream job.
The role closes on 5th June 2018, but may be withdrawn early if a suitable candidate is found.
Unfortunately, we will not be accepting any agency referrals at this time. Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK at the start of their employment, and we are unable to offer visa sponsorship.
Senior HR Business Consultant JD
Challenging and exciting new role in growing consultancy business in Surrey.
We currently have an opportunity for an experienced HR professional to join our team at People Business in Ottershaw, Surrey.
The sole purpose of People Business is to help people and organisations to improve their performance. Our specialist HR Consultancy services stretch across the full spectrum of HR and talent activities.
We are focused on high quality results and work with clients to ensure that what we do really makes a tangible difference to their organisation. We believe in working in a way which enables our clients; we always seek to share skills, knowledge and expertise.
Main Purpose of Job
The role has 3 areas of focus. You will be responsible for:
- Leading, account managing and supporting client work across the full spectrum of the business.
Designing and delivering impactful training and L&D eventsLeading and working on strategic, organisational development and change projects customised to the business needs of a broad range of clients from a variety of sectors.
Coaching Senior Managers in a variety of areas: E.g. Transitioning to leading a team, changing culture, business transformation, developing influencing and interpersonal skills, developing presence/impact/confidence, changing the perception others have about them – profile / image
Account Management and delivery of HR client work, helping to develop new business as well as growing existing client relationships across the People Business areas of expertise, in partnership with the wider PB team.
- Managing the HR team (currently 2 part time staff. One an associate and the other a part time member of staff job sharing the equivalent of one FTE position.Managing the office manager and providing day to day supervision and support for any consulting trainees and office staff.
Providing internal HR support to the wider business
- As part of the senior team, leading and supporting on business development, pitching, proposal writing across the business and supporting others to do so.
Reporting to the Managing Director you will work as a Senior Consultant assisting CEOs, Directors and Senior Managers from a variety of different industries to plan, develop, support and deliver customised HR and talent services to meet their business needs. These will be across all HR disciplines including: recruitment and selection; reward; employee relations; employment legislation; employee engagement; talent management and learning and development. We expect that great candidates will have experience across several of these areas but not all.
- Lead the design and delivery of sophisticated organization wide HR/Talent interventions, managing complex stakeholder relationships and external providers efficiently and effectively to time and budget meeting, and exceeding client expectations.
- Develop business proposals for HR and Talent work opportunities and tenders
- Support HR clients remotely and at times in person
- Develop and maintain a trusted advisor relationship with key client stakeholders and executive sponsors
- Lead or co-ordinate client projects, including planning, co-ordinating, monitoring, resourcing and providing management information on client projects to ensure that the key objectives are achieved to our clients’ satisfaction
- Carry out client training needs analysis and design engaging learning materials, internal talent assessments and development plans that address the clients’ needs
- Facilitate executive and management coaching, workshops and team sessions
- Scope, design and deliver learning events with leaders in SME and large organisations.
- Focus on growing and developing existing clients, together with generating new business, using existing industry contacts, networking, marketing and pitching
- Maintain our internal systems and procedures
- Lead and support on internal project work related to continuous improvement activities, client relationship management and developing the PB business portfolio
- Lead, train, and develop other members of the PB team
Knowledge, skills and experience required
- Ability to secure, design and manage large consulting projects, managing internal and external stakeholders for successful outcomes
- Pro-active networking skills, with relevant market insight and industry knowledge
- Strong proposal writing skills, able to assess, and define scope of work and negotiate on commercial issues
- Well versed in the application of modern learning theories, tools and techniques
- Excellent interpersonal and rapport building skills to provide appropriate advice, guidance and support to managers, staff and employee representatives
- Comfortable building relationships and partnering with senior managers and key stakeholders. Capacity to challenge clients in an appropriate context
- Comfortable making own decisions in an autonomous environment
- A highly effective communicator with the ability to clearly and concisely articulate ideas both verbally and written
- Strong planning, organisational and time management skills
- Happy working in a team orientated environment in which you may be required to ‘muck in’
- Innovative at trying to meet client needs
- Meticulous and takes pride in producing work of a high standard
- Interest in personal development both for yourself and the team as a whole
- Ability to coach and mentor clients and colleagues
- Personal gravitas and the ability to present, facilitate and deliver L&D workshops and training
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time while paying strict attention to detail
Qualifications, training and experience
- At least 5 years’ experience operating at a senior HR level
- Good depth of experience in more than one HR discipline
- Proven client or account management
- Team leadership/Line Management experience
- A level B qualification and experience of using a range of psychometric tools (preferred)
- Experience of working as a consultant (internally or externally) and confident with the Consultancy Cycle as a way of working
- CIPD qualified or equivalent qualification
- Able to adapt your approach depending on the client and be influential in their decision process
- Demonstrated ability to provide practical, solution-driven initiatives that are perceived as quickly adding value to the business
- Proven track record working with senior managers and key stakeholders. Strong relationship building and networking skills and ability to deal with people at a senior level
- Confident facilitator; designing and running L&D and training workshops across all levels
- Experience of leading and managing projects for a successful client outcome
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organisation, including executive level
- Self-managing and self-motivated. Skills in planning, organisation, problem solving and analysis. Good attention to detail
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to coach and mentor clients and internal colleagues
- A “can do” attitude
- Team player
- IT literate with MS Office, the Internet and social media
- Experience of working with a range of clients across the Private and Not for Profit sectors
- Evidence of continuous professional development
- Experienced in creating and following up business opportunities
- A keen interest in keeping up to date with current affairs
- This role will involve spending time in the PB office in Ottershaw, regular travel to central London where many of our clients are based, and across the UK dependent upon client location.
- Some International/ European, travel may also be required occasionally.
- There is also the requirement to work flexibly in order to respond to clients’ needs.
There is the opportunity to grow and develop as part of our team and certainly scope to work across our business. We are also willing to talk to people who may not ‘tick all of the boxes’ but who have the potential to grow into the role with support.
Absolutely amazing service from start to finish. As we’re only a small company I didn’t think anyone would be interested in supporting us but the professional approach from People Business has shown me that it is possible to grow without fear of huge costs