Get in touch
If you would like to know more about People Business and what we might do for you, call us on 01932 874944, or alternatively, please use our enquiry form.
71 Brox Road
Telephone: 01932 874944
We are always looking for great people to be part of our team. We are known for being pragmatic, clear, direct, knowledgeable but most of all human. We know how important it is to our clients to have the confidence that the consultant carrying out their work has significant expertise in the required areas and is a credible partner who can offer real insights into strategy and planning – as well as execution. If you are interested in joining us, please send us your cv with a covering letter to email@example.com.
To apply for any of our roles, please email your covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary: £30,000 – £35,000
Location: Ottershaw, Surrey
Hours: 37.5 hours, 9 – 5.30 schedule but with the flexibility to regularly start earlier or finish later as the role requires
Contract Type: Permanent
*Please note – failure to submit a cover letter in line with the questions below may result in automatic rejection*
People Business is a small HR and development consultancy based in Ottershaw, Surrey. We currently consist of about 12 people, split between the HR team, the L&D (learning and development) team and support team but we are constantly growing and developing. On top of the core team, we also have a wide network of independent specialists who help us to deliver a vast spectrum of top quality services. Typically, we help businesses to deliver HR support (such as recruitment or performance management), coaching, training, and larger organisational change or development projects (such as creating a learning organisation). We’re looking for a highly experienced team player to join People Business team on a full-time basis to support our MD who works remotely, based in London. This person would also be motivated and proactive, willing to grow with the business and make the role their own.
- Diary management including co-ordinating an extensive coaching schedule, both of which involve frequent rescheduling, prioritising and gatekeeping.
- Organising complex, high-level meetings and group/individual telephone/conference calls, managing all aspects of event management from venue sourcing, to arranging materials and co-ordinating attendees.
- Monitoring MD’s high-volume inbox and proactively responding to basic queries. Alerting MD of matters requiring urgent attention
- Organising and managing company team meetings, scheduling as required for the year, preparing agendas, circulating papers, arranging catering, and taking notes as needed.
- Arranging local and international travel (taxis, trains, planes, hotels) with detailed itineraries, accommodation, transfers, flights, currency, etc.
- Arranging psychometric tests and liaising with clients and sometimes headhunter agencies to co-ordinate testing and interview processes
- Drafting proposals, contracts, correspondence, and slide presentations
- Maintain and ensure good upkeep of wins and losses spreadsheet, including ensuring client relations are kept on top of i.e. welcome biscuits, referral gifts etc.
- Assisting with special projects such as Christmas gifts and e-cards, client dinners, socials, etc.
- Comfortable with providing holiday and absence cover for other support team with office management and invoicing tasks
Essential Skills and Experience
- Extensive PA experience at senior/director level
- Able to handle a variety of tasks simultaneously, think ahead and anticipate needs before they arise
- Able to organise complex diaries and rearrange accordingly
- Confident working to very tight deadlines and with frequently changing needs
- Able to handle a heavy inbox volume
- Comfortable with working mostly remotely from MD
- Exceptional organisational and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Extensive experience of MS Office 2013 – Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Willing to travel into London for meetings with the MD, evaluate venues and/or attend other meetings
- Discreet and able to handle sensitive information with the utmost discretion
- Flexible, adaptable to conflicting demands, ‘un-flappable’
- Able and willing to work flexible hours
- Attention to detail, with great pride in producing work of a high standard
- Reliable and delivers on commitments
- Action-oriented and proactive
- Interest or experience in the ‘HR world’
How to Apply
Send the following to email@example.com
- Cover letter answering:
- What makes you stand out from other PAs? Or what do you have/do that only the best PAs have/do?
- What do you find to be the most challenging part of a PA’s job?
- Why is People Business (a small business in Ottershaw) the right place for you?
- Why is this role (multiple diary management, working remotely from our MD, HR focussed) right for you?
Main Purpose of Job
On an ad-hoc basis and as client workload requires it, you will support on the PB team with client work across the HR side of the business.
Working in partnership with the PB team as an Associate Consultant, you will support Directors and Senior Managers from a variety of different industries to plan, develop and deliver HR initiatives and particular projects. The work could cover all areas HR including: recruitment and selection; performance; reward; employee relations; employment legislation; employee engagement; and learning and development.
- On a project basis, supporting HR clients remotely and at times on site.
- Co-ordinating client projects, providing management information to ensure that key objectives are achieved to our clients’ satisfaction.
- Assisting with complex employee relations cases such as disciplinaries, grievances and redundancy programmes.
Knowledge, skills and experience required:
Competencies & Skills
- Ability to manage large consulting projects, managing internal and external stakeholders for successful outcomes while paying strict attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to provide practical, solution-driven initiatives that are perceived as quickly adding value to the business.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to provide appropriate advice, guidance and support to managers, staff and employee representatives.
- Self-managing and self-motivated.
- A highly effective communicator with the ability to clearly and concisely articulate ideas both verbally and in writing.
- The ability to identify and limit employment law risk to an organisation.
Qualifications, Training and Experience
- Proven experience in a Consultant role and experience of operating at a Senior HR / HRD level.
- MCIPD-qualified or equivalent qualification.
- Good depth of experience in more than one HR discipline.
- Extensive and up to date employment law knowledge.
- IT literate with MS Office, the Internet and social media.
- Experience of working with a range of clients across the Private and Not for Profit sectors.
- This role will require flexibility in that the work will be sporadic, ad-hoc and often with short time frames to deliver.
- It will involve spending time in the PB office in Ottershaw, Surrey and potentially travel to London and other sites where our clients are based.
Absolutely amazing service from start to finish. As we’re only a small company I didn’t think anyone would be interested in supporting us but the professional approach from People Business has shown me that it is possible to grow without fear of huge costs