Do you want to join a friendly and supportive team whilst developing a career in HR and people development? People Business are looking for a new member of the team who will be responsible for supporting the business’ consultants, particularly the MD and other senior consultants.
This side of the team’s speciality is in strategic HR projects and L&D, so we are looking for someone who is organised, able to think creatively and has really strong digital skills (MS Office, able to pick up new software and tech quickly e.g. e-learning). You don’t need to have any HR or training experience, but we are definitely looking for someone who is committed to developing an L&D specialist career. You may have previously worked as an HR or L&D advisor, assistant or coordinator, or you may have just finished a people-related degree. You may not even have worked in an HR role yet, but if you know that L&D is for you, then we want to hear from you.
Supporting the team of consultants at People Business will mean taking on a variety of different tasks, as well as developing your knowledge and honing your skills. Some days, you might be asked to research new training content or HR topics, other days, you might be analysing data. In terms of L&D, we’re really looking for someone who will be able to help with designing training, and over time, start delivering courses for some of our clients. But don’t worry if you don’t have any experience of L&D, to start with, all we need is enthusiasm for learning how it’s done and confidence to give it a try!
No week is the same in our small consultancy, and you’ll often be balancing your time across different projects, big and small. In the past, our junior consultant(s) have worked on executive team building events, modular management development programmes, soft skills training (e.g. communication skills, time management), writing blog articles on HR topics and for clients’ recruitment blogs, analysing gender pay gap data and diversity data, designing e-learning, and designing and supporting large cultural change programmes.
Key Skills Required
- Ability to design visually appealing printed materials (in Word and PowerPoint) to a high degree of accuracy (i.e. no mistakes, no typos, high quality written language)
- Ability to critically analyse data e.g. calculate key statistics (mean, median), interpret data, provide recommendations
- Ability to research thoroughly and quickly on emerging theories, and other HR concepts and topics. Summarise appropriately and present key information to senior colleagues
- Ability to understand new and complex information quickly and effectively
- Ability to learn new software quickly
- Ability to problem solve effectively
- Develop knowledge of HR systems
- Develop knowledge of psychometric tests
- Develop knowledge of learning management systems and eLearning software
- Manage and organise online events via platforms such as Zoom
- Competent ability using Microsoft tools including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Work with other consultants to sell our services e.g. answering sales calls, attending pitching meetings, preparing pitch materials
- You must be proactive and self-motivated, able to use your own initiative as well as work as part of a team
- You must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, which are essential when dealing directly with clients in person or on the phone
- Strong organisational skills – able to manage multiple (and sometimes competing) priorities at once, work to (often short) deadlines
- Strong written English
- Professional attitude
- Able to effectively build relationships with colleagues in order to support them and learn from them
Whilst we are like most companies working virtually at present, the post holder will need to be able to travel to our offices in Ottershaw as that will be the usual place of work when this is permitted.
For this reason it is key that the successful applicant has a reliable broadband connection that will support key tasks including supporting facilitation of virtual events.
Range between £20,000 and £25,000 depending on how much relevant work experience candidates have. Exceptionally there may be more for someone who is already experienced in using e learning authoring tools.