Meet the team behind People Business
Andrea is the founder of People Business. She is an experienced Human Resources professional, organisational development consultant, and facilitator. With a background of corporate senior roles including successful spells as HR Director, Head of Training, Head of Management Development, and other “people orientated positions” in organisations such as Going Places, Argos, and Harrods, Andrea brings a wealth of experience and impact to her work with clients.
Andrea believes that enabling people in this way is not a “soft option” for those that have the time and other resources to do so, but rather it is the most effective way of improving the performance of organisations so that they consistently deliver business objectives. Inspired people with a clear sense of what must be done can deliver extraordinary results.
Andrea’s role over the last 5 years has been developing People Business to play an advisory role in supporting organisations developing strategy and managing change. With an MBA and significant experience of the essential HR disciplines, Andrea achieves a healthy mix of innovation and pragmatism (with a little humour for good measure), and is always centred on delivering results.
Helping people and organisations to be the best they can be is Graeme’s passion. With over 25 years consultancy experience in leadership and team development, cultural change, organisational development and conflict management, Graeme has worked with clients across many sectors (including finance, medical, pharmaceutical, retail, public and not for profit).
Graeme has been privileged to work around the world and his experience working across Africa, Scandinavia and Europe, Asia and the USA has taught him that it is more useful to look for the similarities that drive people than the cultural differences.
Graeme’s starting point is a profound belief in people and an unfailing sense of possibility in what they can achieve. “We are all driven by our passions and peculiarities, striving to make a difference, in our own deeply personal and endlessly fascinating ways!”
Graeme holds a BSc (Hons) in Psychology and a Post Graduate Diploma in Ergonomics, and is a registered Member of the Ergonomics Society (M. Erg. S.) and Registered European Ergonomist (CREE). Graeme adds value by helping organisations deliver results in different ways and, in his own words, this is how Graeme describes his core expertise:
- Individual coaching: ‘When people question their assumptions they can rapidly transform their ways of working. I help people understand the changes that will make the most significant difference and turn the spotlight on moments of success to drive improvement.’
- Executive team building: ‘The magic happens when teams of leaders support and challenge each other to deliver more than the sum of their parts. I facilitate team development with a focus on clarity of vision, priorities for team development, stakeholder engagement and feedback.’
- Leadership development: ‘Healthy organisations see everyone as a leader. I help people feel confident, show their passion and take the lead. I bring tools and concepts in a way that makes ‘common sense’ and can be rapidly integrated into day to day tasks. I love to work with groups of all levels of seniority to establish new networks of leadership.’
- Culture change: ‘As culture is simply “how we do things around here”, I encourage leaders to personally role model the culture they want to see. For example if you want a culture of accountability you need to give freedom to people to take decisions and work it out for themselves.’
- Conflict management: ‘Introducing new technology, partnerships, or ways of working often creates conflict. As a trained mediator I am skilled at helping people see the common ground and take ownership to achieve a successful outcome in situations of debilitating conflict.’
- Facilitation and design: ‘I am a highly skilled communicator and facilitator with the ability to engage small groups or moderate large-scale conferences. By involving people in the dialogue, creating thinking time and including activities that challenge people to relate differently – I hold the ‘red thread’ to deliver clarity, ownership and action.’
Following her Masters degree in Psychology Judit later added another Masters in Psychological Assessments and Psychometrics, graduating from Goldsmiths College. She is a CIPD qualified coach and fully accredited by BPS in psychometric testing and a frequent user in most psychometric tools including MBTI, 16PF, Firo-B, PAPI, HOGAN HPI, HDS, MVPI and others.
Over the last 20 years Judit has worked across a wide range of sectors and industries in assessment, talent management, leadership development and organisational development roles including BP, HSBC, Tesco and Banca Intesa San Paulo. She also has significant experience in consulting and coaching, working mainly but not exclusively with Chief Executives, Managing Directors, Directors and Senior Managers.
Judit’s role in the last 20 years included:
- Leading and delivering client work in areas executive assessment, talent management, leadership development, coaching, performance, engagement and organisational culture.
- Creating and delivering of leadership development and talent programmes, 360 feedback, mentoring and development planning
- Developing and managing strategic client relationship to assist organisations to identify talent and release the potential of their people
- Working in partnership with client leads and senior client stakeholders. (Royal Bank of Scotland, TSB, Lloyds’ of London, WorldPay, Mercedes AMG Formula 1, Vodafone, OMV, MOL and many others
When not working, Judit likes to keep fit, play tennis and travel.
Lucilla is a CIPD qualified HR professional with generalist human resources experience in private sector organisations which include IT, media, and healthcare. Most recently as the HR Director for a global marketing services company, she is experienced in dealing with all aspects of employee relations, resource and talent planning, and organisational change programmes including TUPE.
Her skills and attributes include:
- Influencing, communicating and listening effectively at all levels to promote understanding and buy-in to core issues
- Leading individuals and teams consistently to achieve through an inclusive style which encourages and enables development
- Contributing to organisational strategy and its application
Lucilla’s key personal qualities include energy, optimism, and resilience with a determination to achieve the best outcome.
When not working, she has three children to keep her busy and occasionally manages to ‘escape’ to the gym or her local book club.
Natalie has over 20 years’ generalist HR experience, including 10 years at senior management level, most recently as UK HR Director for an internet security company. She studied Psychology and Sociology at university, before completing her CIPD, and is a Chartered Member of the CIPD. She has diverse experience across a range of industries including Technology, FMCG, Oil and Gas, and Logistics, ranging from SME to large multi-nationals.
With experience across the generalist remit, Natalie has particular expertise in:
- Employee Relations including, managing disciplinaries, grievances, leading investigations, managing performance management, absence management, and redundancy programmes
- Recruitment and selection, including competency-based interviewing, assessment centres, psychometric testing
- Training development and delivery
- Coaching, mentoring and advising at all levels
- HR policy and process development including employee handbooks
- Integration and change management
- On-boarding, retention and engagement
- Project work across the generalist remit
Natalie is a trusted advisor, who quickly gets to the heart of matters and provides sound, practical solutions to people-related matters. She provides a healthy mix of pragmatism, proactivity and a sense of humour, and she is passionate about providing a professional service and delivering results.
When she’s not busy with family life, Natalie enjoys travelling and photography.
Zoë is an MCIPD qualified senior HR generalist with a particular interest in driving retention through developing company culture, values and behaviours. With almost 20 years’ experience working across a wide range of sectors (including FMCG, marketing, publishing, retail, healthcare, design & hospitality), Zoë has worked with a diverse range of companies from start-ups to multinationals.
Zoë is a true generalist and specific skills and experience include:
- Change management and leading large-scale restructures
- TUPE & integration
- Performance management & coaching; improving line manager capabilities
- Culture & employer brand development
- Employee engagement
- Employee relations (complex disciplinaries & grievances)
- Developing HR policies, practices and procedures
- Partnering with CEOs/Founders to develop HR strategy & align to business goals
- Influencing & ensuring buy-in to core people initiatives
- Recruitment and selection, including competency-based interviewing, assessment centres & graduate recruitment
- Developing talent acquisition strategies
Results focussed and pragmatic, Zoë is a resilient business partner with strong ability to influence, get buy-in and build relationships at all levels. Zoë enjoys understanding how businesses ‘tick’ and is skilled at quickly getting to the root of issues and developing practical and commercially-focussed solutions.
When not looking after her two young daughters, Zoë enjoys yoga, gardening and singing.
Following her post-graduate diploma in Human Resources Management, Tracy qualified with the CIPD and has been working in HR roles for 17 years. With a diversity of experience ranging from multi-national FTSE 250 Companies to SME’s, Tracy has worked across a variety of industries including Professional and Business Services, Construction, Engineering and Infrastructure Services, Financial, Service Centres, Technology and Communications, and Retail.
Partnering with Board level and Operational Management Teams to develop and implement effective people practises has enabled Tracy to grow her expertise in:
- Organisational Change and Culture
- Leadership and Management Development
- Employee Engagement
- Business Growth, Acquisition, Restructure and Redundancy
- Performance Management
- HR Policy, Process and Procedural Development
- Competency and Behavioural Development Programmes
- Coaching and Mentoring
- Resourcing and Induction Programmes
- Reward and Benefits
- HR Systems Implementation
To compliment her professional experience and for her own interest and personal development, Tracy has achieved NLP Practitioner Status and is currently undertaking a Coaching Accreditation.A keen cook and lover of all things foodie, Tracy luckily enjoys cycling, kayaking and yoga as well.
David has over 40 years’ experience working in the Financial Sector. He holds Directorship with ten companies in the UK/USA.
During his career, he has worked for IDV, Longman Group, Hunter Group, Pearson and many more. On top of that, he also has experience setting up a number of companies in different industry sectors.
He specialises in corporate and personal tax.
David also acts as a consultant to small and medium sized companies who cannot afford a full time financial director.
David is a huge family man, with a lovely wife and many children and grandchildren, who he spoils immensely!
Lynette joined People Business in 2014 after a varied career within the oil and gas, recruitment, and airline sectors. Lynette is our problem-solver who enjoys organising and ensuring the smooth day-to-day running of the People Business office. Her responsibilities include providing back-office and project support to Andrea and the HR team, general administration, financial support, and invoicing.
In her spare time, Lynette enjoys spending time with her husband and their rescue dog, Ozzee. She also loves gardening, nature, and the outdoors. Other interests include Pilates, reading, and watching great films.
Caroline joined People Business as Andrea’s PA in 2017, having previously worked for large corporates like SABMiller and Deloitte.
Life at People Business is pretty fast-paced, so its vital that I keep Andrea informed, up to date, and prepared for her days of meetings, workshops and training days. My other responsibilities include trying to keep her diary manageable, planning events, working with clients on projects, and keeping the many balls I have up in the air, where they need to be, in the air!
When I am not at work, I’m usually found at home with my husband, daughter, and bearded dragon, or we are out taking Alice to her many activities, and spending time with our friends and family.
Tony helps private equity and venture capital companies to maximise financial returns through proactive and hard-nosed people management – both within their own business and in their portfolio companies.
He focuses on the massive opportunities to improve financial returns through:
- “People audits” to benchmark current activity and prioritise opportunities to add financial value
- Recruitment, including psychometric profiling
- Developing growth plans to ensure people management strategy and operations deliver financial objectives
- Individual and team talent management including career planning, leadership development (and exiting)
- Executive Coaching / Mentoring
- HR due diligence on potential investments
- Organisation design and the development of agile working practices
- Shared and faster learning across portfolio companies
Much of Tony’s career has been in board level general management roles. He led the programme that transformed Thomas Cook from a worldwide leisure and business travel agent into a European vertically integrated leisure travel company. As Managing Director of Going Places, Tony led the creation of the Number 1 in the sector for both profit and customer service through the acquisition and turnaround of a number of loss making companies. Tony drove up financial value through innovative people management individual and team talent initiatives for the 5000 employees.
Tony believes in the critical role people management has in increasing value. This is nothing to do with HR administration and all to do with making sure that you have the right people focusing on the important priorities and working well as a team. Especially in rapidly growing businesses this often requires changes to the senior management team and organisation structure – and the development of more agile working practices.
He has been involved in numerous transformation and rapid growth programmes. He has an MBA degree from London Business School (specialising in strategy and people management) and director level experience in People Management /HR, Strategy, Marketing, Sales and Operations, Buying and Logistics. He has experience in services, retail, manufacturing and travel. The breadth of his sector and functional experience combined with his passion for adding financial value through people makes him ideally placed to help in a PE / VC environment.
Tony has had over 50 coaching / mentoring relationships, many at Chief Executive level.
Tony is married and has two sons. He is a lifelong Manchester United supporter. He always likes new challenges and recently did his first bungee jump.