Meet the team behind People Business
Andrea is the founder of People Business. She is an experienced Human Resources professional, organisational development consultant, and facilitator. With a background of corporate senior roles including successful spells as HR Director, Head of Training, Head of Management Development, and other “people orientated positions” in organisations such as Going Places, Argos, and Harrods, Andrea brings a wealth of experience and impact to her work with clients.
Andrea believes that enabling people in this way is not a “soft option” for those that have the time and other resources to do so, but rather it is the most effective way of improving the performance of organisations so that they consistently deliver business objectives. Inspired people with a clear sense of what must be done can deliver extraordinary results.
Andrea’s role over the last 5 years has been developing People Business to play an advisory role in supporting organisations developing strategy and managing change. With an MBA and significant experience of the essential HR disciplines, Andrea achieves a healthy mix of innovation and pragmatism (with a little humour for good measure), and is always centred on delivering results.
Following her Masters degree in Psychology Judit later added another Masters in Psychological Assessments and Psychometrics, graduating from Goldsmiths College. She is a CIPD qualified coach and fully accredited by BPS in psychometric testing and a frequent user in most psychometric tools including MBTI, 16PF, Firo-B, PAPI, HOGAN HPI, HDS, MVPI and others.
Over the last 20 years Judit has worked across a wide range of sectors and industries in assessment, talent management, leadership development and organisational development roles including BP, HSBC, Tesco and Banca Intesa San Paulo. She also has significant experience in consulting and coaching, working mainly but not exclusively with Chief Executives, Managing Directors, Directors and Senior Managers.
Judit’s role in the last 20 years included:
- Leading and delivering client work in areas executive assessment, talent management, leadership development, coaching, performance, engagement and organisational culture.
- Creating and delivering of leadership development and talent programmes, 360 feedback, mentoring and development planning
- Developing and managing strategic client relationship to assist organisations to identify talent and release the potential of their people
- Working in partnership with client leads and senior client stakeholders. (Royal Bank of Scotland, TSB, Lloyds’ of London, WorldPay, Mercedes AMG Formula 1, Vodafone, OMV, MOL and many others
When not working, Judit likes to keep fit, play tennis and travel.
Lucilla is a CIPD qualified HR professional with generalist human resources experience in private sector organisations which include IT, media, and healthcare. Most recently as the HR Director for a global marketing services company, she is experienced in dealing with all aspects of employee relations, resource and talent planning, and organisational change programmes including TUPE.
Her skills and attributes include:
- Influencing, communicating and listening effectively at all levels to promote understanding and buy-in to core issues
- Leading individuals and teams consistently to achieve through an inclusive style which encourages and enables development
- Contributing to organisational strategy and its application
Lucilla’s key personal qualities include energy, optimism, and resilience with a determination to achieve the best outcome.
When not working, she has three children to keep her busy and occasionally manages to ‘escape’ to the gym or her local book club.
Lara graduated from a Master’s in Human Resource Management and Business at Aston University – with a distinction no less. Prior to that, she graduated with a 1st class Bachelor’s degree in Business and Management with German from Aberystwyth University.
As an Associate member of the CIPD, Lara brings with her a wealth of knowledge on existing and emerging HR/L&D Best Practice, and a variety of work experience from HR consultancies to finance, catering, and construction.
She is also our resident computer whizz and can usually find the solution to any problem, as well as showing us some of the more complex things that Excel and other Microsoft Office programs can do.
When she’s not working, Lara can be found blogging, baking, or taking photos.
Natalie has over 20 years’ generalist HR experience, including 10 years at senior management level, most recently as UK HR Director for an internet security company. She studied Psychology and Sociology at university, before completing her CIPD, and is a Chartered Member of the CIPD. She has diverse experience across a range of industries including Technology, FMCG, Oil and Gas, and Logistics, ranging from SME to large multi-nationals.
With experience across the generalist remit, Natalie has particular expertise in:
- Employee Relations including, managing disciplinaries, grievances, leading investigations, managing performance management, absence management, and redundancy programmes
- Recruitment and selection, including competency-based interviewing, assessment centres, psychometric testing
- Training development and delivery
- Coaching, mentoring and advising at all levels
- HR policy and process development including employee handbooks
- Integration and change management
- On-boarding, retention and engagement
- Project work across the generalist remit
Natalie is a trusted advisor, who quickly gets to the heart of matters and provides sound, practical solutions to people-related matters. She provides a healthy mix of pragmatism, proactivity and a sense of humour, and she is passionate about providing a professional service and delivering results.
When she’s not busy with family life, Natalie enjoys travelling and photography.
Zoë is an MCIPD qualified senior HR generalist with a particular interest in driving retention through developing company culture, values and behaviours. With almost 20 years’ experience working across a wide range of sectors (including FMCG, marketing, publishing, retail, healthcare, design & hospitality), Zoë has worked with a diverse range of companies from start-ups to multinationals.
Zoë is a true generalist and specific skills and experience include:
- Change management and leading large-scale restructures
- TUPE & integration
- Performance management & coaching; improving line manager capabilities
- Culture & employer brand development
- Employee engagement
- Employee relations (complex disciplinaries & grievances)
- Developing HR policies, practices and procedures
- Partnering with CEOs/Founders to develop HR strategy & align to business goals
- Influencing & ensuring buy-in to core people initiatives
- Recruitment and selection, including competency-based interviewing, assessment centres & graduate recruitment
- Developing talent acquisition strategies
Results focussed and pragmatic, Zoë is a resilient business partner with strong ability to influence, get buy-in and build relationships at all levels. Zoë enjoys understanding how businesses ‘tick’ and is skilled at quickly getting to the root of issues and developing practical and commercially-focussed solutions.
When not looking after her two young daughters, Zoë enjoys yoga, gardening and singing.
David has over 40 years’ experience working in the Financial Sector. He holds Directorship with ten companies in the UK/USA.
During his career, he has worked for IDV, Longman Group, Hunter Group, Pearson and many more. On top of that, he also has experience setting up a number of companies in different industry sectors.
He specialises in corporate and personal tax.
David also acts as a consultant to small and medium sized companies who cannot afford a full time financial director.
David is a huge family man, with a lovely wife and many children and grandchildren, who he spoils immensely!
Lynette joined People Business in 2014 after a varied career within the oil and gas, recruitment, and airline sectors. Lynette is our problem-solver who enjoys organising and ensuring the smooth day-to-day running of the People Business office. Her responsibilities include providing back-office and project support to Andrea and the HR team, general administration, financial support, and invoicing.
In her spare time, Lynette enjoys spending time with her husband and their rescue dog, Ozzee. She also loves gardening, nature, and the outdoors. Other interests include Pilates, reading, and watching great films.
Caroline joined People Business as Andrea’s PA in 2017, having previously worked for large corporates like SABMiller and Deloitte.
Life at People Business is pretty fast-paced, so its vital that I keep Andrea informed, up to date, and prepared for her days of meetings, workshops and training days. My other responsibilities include trying to keep her diary manageable, planning events, working with clients on projects, and keeping the many balls I have up in the air, where they need to be, in the air!
When I am not at work, I’m usually found at home with my husband, daughter, and bearded dragon, or we are out taking Alice to her many activities, and spending time with our friends and family.
Tony helps private equity and venture capital companies to maximise financial returns through proactive and hard-nosed people management – both within their own business and in their portfolio companies.
He focuses on the massive opportunities to improve financial returns through:
- “People audits” to benchmark current activity and prioritise opportunities to add financial value
- Recruitment, including psychometric profiling
- Developing growth plans to ensure people management strategy and operations deliver financial objectives
- Individual and team talent management including career planning, leadership development (and exiting)
- Executive Coaching / Mentoring
- HR due diligence on potential investments
- Organisation design and the development of agile working practices
- Shared and faster learning across portfolio companies
Much of Tony’s career has been in board level general management roles. He led the programme that transformed Thomas Cook from a worldwide leisure and business travel agent into a European vertically integrated leisure travel company. As Managing Director of Going Places, Tony led the creation of the Number 1 in the sector for both profit and customer service through the acquisition and turnaround of a number of loss making companies. Tony drove up financial value through innovative people management individual and team talent initiatives for the 5000 employees.
Tony believes in the critical role people management has in increasing value. This is nothing to do with HR administration and all to do with making sure that you have the right people focusing on the important priorities and working well as a team. Especially in rapidly growing businesses this often requires changes to the senior management team and organisation structure – and the development of more agile working practices.
He has been involved in numerous transformation and rapid growth programmes. He has an MBA degree from London Business School (specialising in strategy and people management) and director level experience in People Management /HR, Strategy, Marketing, Sales and Operations, Buying and Logistics. He has experience in services, retail, manufacturing and travel. The breadth of his sector and functional experience combined with his passion for adding financial value through people makes him ideally placed to help in a PE / VC environment.
Tony has had over 50 coaching / mentoring relationships, many at Chief Executive level.
Tony is married and has two sons. He is a lifelong Manchester United supporter. He always likes new challenges and recently did his first bungee jump.