A little more about us
At People Business each time we hire someone new we are reminded of the importance of ‘fit’. We help other companies with their recruitment all this time, but for us, this is personal.
Working together is so much more than a job, we truly see ourselves as a family. It’s taken us over 20 years to carefully grow to close to 20 people, each time we form, storm, norm then perform as a team.
Within our wider team we have sub-teams of Support, HR and Talent. This role will join the Talent team comprising of Graeme, Consulting Director; Andrea MD; Chrissie; Senior L&D Consultant; Hayley Learning Advisor, Julie; Consulting Support Manager and Tracy; Associate Consultant. All of our Bio’s are on the website if you are interested to know more.
We meet as a team quarterly, set ourselves challenging and progressive objectives, brainstorm our client work, offer support and ideas to each other and celebrate successes together.
As a wider team we have found many ways to get used to our remote and now hybrid ways of working, remaining supportive, collaborative and connected come what may be that virtual cream teams, buddy pairs, hosted energisers. As we gradually ease back to the office and to our clients sites, we are moving more to in person 121’s, sub and wider team meetings.
Living our values for ourselves and our clients is right at the top of our agenda and deeply embedded in how we work so it’s important that these resonate with you if you are interested in exploring this role further.
To articulate this in the words of the team you will find below our Team PB word-cloud, how we describe each other and some extracts from our most recent internal Values Survey.
If having read this far you feel this maybe the team for you, or you are simply curious to know more then we would love to hear from you. You can apply or just reach out for an informal discussion before committing to anything more. just email Tracy.Shattock@peoplebusiness.co.uk
We asked the team (“and they said”)
What aspects of how we work promote valuing people?
- “Include all values and ideas of members of staff”
- “Celebrating events and occasions, development”
- “We treat people fairly and with respect, we make improvements in our work”
- I’ve felt trusted to deliver my work in a way that fits in with homelife, and this has made me feel valued. Externally with our clients, we have huddled closely with our retained clients during lockdown and valued the ongoing commitment they continue to give us”
- “We take care of our staff and put a lot of emphasis on relationships (internally and externally).
What aspects of how we work encourage making a difference?
- “Always strive to delivery excellent work that will help clients”
- “Always looking for new solutions, never being content with the status quo”
- “When we design client work, we build on each other’s ideas to constantly improve an offering, I find this really makes a difference and adds a lot of value – it’s not criticism it’s a positive approach. Winning client work during these difficult times, shows that they feel we will make a difference”
- “I think we are challenging and supportive in the right measures and we take care to evaluate over time. We challenge participants to deliver behavioural change – do it – not talk about it in HR terms we challenge, support, educate to help leaders and business owners understand how best to lead their people and where we work with people long-term, we see the most difference”
What aspects of how we work demonstrate enabling?
- “By collaborating, by teaching instead of doing for, encouraging questions and facilitating”
- “Always find opportunities to work collaboratively, want clients to gain knowledge and expertise”
- “Andrea leads from the front with an assumption that we can do great things and looking to set people up for success. We look to involve people and collaborate across the team”
What aspects of how we work demonstrate professional and relaxed?
- “I love the way we engage with clients, and I think right across the team we embody this”
- “We have high standards and always work hard to meet our commitments – and we do this in a friendly/accessible / human way. I think it is a key strength of ours”
- “All our services are delivered on a client-to-client basis, each client has a “tweaked” service delivered to them. We ensure any client information is dealt with in a professional manor and we welcome feedback”
- “We are all experienced at what we do, so our advice is always professional and considered. We are relaxed with our long-term clients in particular as we have built long term relationships with them, and can be open and honest”
A little more about our client work
Our clients are circa 80% UK based 20% International. They vary from start-ups to large multi-nationals, they include Financial Services, IT/technology, Construction, Education, Business and Professional Services, Leisure and Travel, Retail and Not-for-Profit.
Many of our clients have internal HR/L&D capability and who we partner really well with, often we support CEO’s, MD’s, Leaders and Managers to define and achieve their people goals.
A little more about you
Whist you may not have a Consultancy background, you will be hugely motivated to succeed in a Consultancy role. This means being having a bucket full of great ideas, innovative approaches to talent and development, a fantastic relationship builder, thrive on challenge and collaboration.
Our consultants are entrepreneurial in spirit and seek opportunities through networks to engage with potential clients and connections. Each Consultant has a personal performance target to achieve after a settling in period. We work together to achieve the team targets.
You will be attracted to a workplace which is as described above, be flexible to roll up your sleeves and be part of a team who have ambitious objectives.
We would love you to love what you do, and to share in our passion for achieving great results for our clients and ourselves.